Located in Scottsdale, Arizona is a very nice 2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition. This bike has 9,500 miles and features some usual Duc’ modifications:
-Termignoni 3/4 system
– STM slave cylinder
– kick stand ignition bypass
– carbon fiber instrument cluster, boot guards, belly pan, intake ducts, exhaust guard, exhaust pipes, chain guard, sprocket cover
– oil breather recall solution installed
– K&N filter
– CRG bar ends
– CRG adjustable brake and clutch levers
– Michelin Pilot Power dual compound tires
– SpeedyMoto clutch cover basket, springs, and plates.
The 998S FE is the last incarnation of Ducati’s legendary, and iconic, 916. As standard these bikes featured fully-adjustable Ohlins front & rear suspension and an Ohlins steering damper. The motor is the same from the 996R with an extended crankcase sump for assured lubrication during hard riding. The cosmetic features of this edition are the traditional badge on the triple-clamp, tricolor tail, and commemorative stickers on the tail and tank. The asking price is $8,500. The maintenance required for the R motor may be more but, I’d take the ultimate iteration of the 916 series over a base 848 or 999 of equal value. See this 998S on Craigslist here.