Now here’s what I call a once in a lifetime oppourtunity – not a Desmosedici, not a RC30 or RC45, not even a NR750 (although it’s close) – but a true British Superbike front runner race bike, Simon Andrews’ ZX-10 and only for 25,000 pounds (around US$40,000):
Update: Nov 20, 2010 – Simon Andrews came 4th in the 57th Macau GP motorcycle race.
British superbike front runners,MSS Colchester Kawasaki, are selling Simon Andrews‘ BSB bike.
The bike – Andrews’ actual 09-10 race bike – cost in excess of £70,000 to build and many more thousands to develop – but is up for sale for £25,000. Apart from a 60-plate registration the bike also comes with treaded tyres, a starter motor and generator and a specification list worthy of next year’s start line.
Here’s that list in detail:
- Ohlins FGR 800 Forks – latest spec & recently serviced Ohlins
- TTX Rear Shock Ohlins
- Side Mounted Steering Damper
- Billet Brembo 2 pad pinless mono bloc calipers (top spec pre-lithium)
- Staubli Dry Brake Couplings (Front & Rear)
- Brembo Master Cylinder
- Renthal Bars
- Kit Quick Action Throttle & Cables
- Goodridge Brake Lines
- Brembo 320mm Front Discs
- Adjustable offset triple clamps – 3 bolt bottom clamp and stepped top
- Adjustable head angle
- Adjustable swing arm pivot
- FTR modified swing arm with factory spec bracing
- SBK QD rear wheel
- FTR billet one piece chain adjusters and caliper carrier
- FTR Subframe
- FTR Battery Box mounted by front sprocket
- Marchesini forged magnesium wheels 3,50 x 16.5 and 6,25 x 16.5
- Floating Rear Disc, Brembo 2 piston GP Rear Caliper
- Valter Moto Footrest Assembly
- Factory Arrow one-off Titanium Full System (2010)
- FTR Alloy Fuel Tank under seat with Q/D Filler Cap, (Newton)
- F-Hot MSS Spec Tank Cover inc. Carbon support
- F-Hot MSS Spec Rear Seat Unit (sml race type)
- F-Hot MSS Spec race fairing with Skidmarx screen
- Carbon Factory Type Air Box
- DC Mil Spec Loom
- Kit ECU with MSS programming inc. traction control/launch control/improved rev ceiling etc etc
- Kit Tacho & Tacho Support
- Kit Gearbox
- Reduced Fly Wheel Kit
- Full Spec Motor: Kit Rods/Kit Pistons/ROO45Q10’s cams
- Slipper clutch
- MSS/GB Racing Engine Protection Covers
- Samco Camo Hoses
- Various Spares: Sprockets, Chains, Wheels, etc
If you’re interested, contact Ian Stewart at Colchester Kawasaki on 01206 860006
Sure, $40,000 is a lot of money in these times, but hey, what are the chances you’ll find another proper BSB front runner race bike for sale anytime soon? And just check out that list of race parts: Ohlins FGR800 forks and TTX shock, Brembo billet monoblocs, carbon this, carbon that, factory one-off full titanium exhaust, kit ECU with traction control – oh I could go on!!! I think just all the parts alone are worth the asking price!
And if you’re trying to be REALLY sneaky, just slap minimal lights on and some tiny mirrors and – BAM! – you got a proper pukka (it’s a British thing) racer for the road and you’ll be giving that $60,000 Desmosedici (plenty of those around anyway) a very good run for its money (IF the Duc can even keep up)!
If you’re ready for some serious shopping and Duc huntin’, jump over to the blog listing here. Hmm…do the girls come with the bike? Quack quack!