It was never going to be sufficient for Ducati to commemorate Carl Fogarty’s contributions to motorcycling with yet another race replica superbike with faux sponsor livery. Sure, go ahead and remember Ben Bostrom and Troy Bayliss with tarted-up 999Rs, but Foggy deserved something altogether hairier. Until Jonathan Rea came along in 2018, he was the winningest World Superbike racer ever. When this 2002 Ducati Monster S4 Fogarty was built, he was a man without equal in motorcycle roadracing.
The 2002 Ducati Monster S4 Fogarty is a perfect tribute, with special paint, upgraded suspension bits, carbon Termignoni cans and carbon trim pieces, the Fogarty’s “Foggy Eyes” logo and a 916 Desmoquattro engine that was warmed up to about 110 horsepower. In short, a brawny, aggressive hooligan machine that was more about encompassing who Foggy is than giving you the tools to emulate his corner-speed-first style.
This one is number 12 of just 300 built, one of 225 never intended to make it to the United States. It has Metric instrumentation with only 13 original kilometers. To say it’s mint is a bit of an understatement. From the seller:
2002 Ducati S4 Fogarty
– Limited edition S4 Fogarty to commemorate Carl “Foggy” Fogarty
– only 300 made, number 012 of 300
– 1 of only 225 sold over seas, imported to the United States
– Metric instrumentation
– Only 13 kilometers (just over 8 miles)
– super bike motor, 6 speed
– professionally “gone-through”/got running/checked over, ready to go
– New battery, belts replaced, new spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump
– tank/throttle body/injectors/hoses cleaned and adjusted if needed.
– light weight, lots of carbon fiber
– only minor blemishes from storage, sitting. No major damage of any kind
– extra black key as well as red key for maintenance/diag
Contact Chris (217) 369-0289 or via email – here –
You’re not likely to get another chance at one of these soon, if ever, and you certainly won’t get a crack at one this nice. And all that special is listed at just $16,900. Contact Chris (217) 369-0289 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org