Location: Twin Falls, Idaho Mileage: Race bike Price: $15,500 BIN
Many a Yamaha RZ250 comes across the pages of RSBFS in many forms. Sometimes we get an original version that made its way to the US and makes an awesome street ride. Or we get something like this, a TZ250 that is prepped and ready to do what it does best: crush at the track. This one has been fully restored to do just that.
From the seller-
Up for auction is my 1993 Yamaha TZ250.
The bike has had a frame off clean-up/restoration and complete motor rebuild – no expense spared.
It is very nice looking up close, VERY fast and completely reliable.
I have a fair amount of spare parts (listed at bottom of page)
Many many parts were replaced during the restoration (all with Yamaha factory OEM parts – except where noted), including but not limited to:
- Wheel bearings and seals
- Rebuilt forks
- All engine bearings and oil seals
- Clutch plates
- All suspension linkage dampers
- Swingarm pivot bearings and seals
- Rebuilt brake calipers front and rear
- Anything made of rubber was replaced
- New dashboard foam
- Completely rebuilt carburetors, with new needle & seat, jets and floats
- New reeds
- Added Gull Thermostat System
- Progressive Rate spring on rear shock
- Powder coated frame, swingarm, wheels and other miscellaneous parts.
- Rhino-horn front fender (aerodynamics)
- Rebuilt, trued and balanced crankshaft/rods
- Aftermarket transmission shift detent for smoother shifting
- Ferodo carbon ceramic brake pads
- Galfer steel braided brake lines front and rear
- Many many new OEM bolts and fasteners
- Woodcraft Clip on handlebars (replaceable handles)
- New chain and sprockets
- Ohlins Steering Damper
- Sharkskinz bodywork (1994 style front fairing with intake vents and later model sloped tail section)
- Zero Gravity Windscreen
- Vinyl number plates (white base and yellow top). Yellow top can be removed to expose white number plate base.
- Factory rear stand – powder coated (has scratches from use)
The above list is off the top of my head – I’m sure there is more, and I may amend the listing to reflect additional things that were done as they come to mind…
The bike has has 4 track days on it (no races) since completion. I had one low speed, low side on the right hand side (scratched up right side fairing, bar end, right footpeg and right expansion chamber, nothing mechanical harmed, just cosmetic. The tank has scratches from my leathers, and a decently sized shallow dent in the rear top of tank that I believe can be popped out (shown in photos)
The crankshaft rod deflection is still well with in spec. The cylinders are immaculate, crankcases in excellent condition. The top end has 1 track day on it.
I’m not sure how many miles are on it since the restoration, I did 4 track days at Miller Motorsports park…so I am estimating 400 miles.
I am selling for two reasons: (#1) I am too big of a guy for this bike (#2) Financial reasons…
The Bike was last taken to the track in 2008, since then it has sat in a place of honor in my living room being displayed (stored indoors – climate controlled, without fuel or cooling system filled)
It does need new tires and there is NO title on a bike like this. Bill of sale provided.
- Service Manual and parts fische
- 1 set of spare Woodcraft handlebars
- 2 pistons, 2 rings, base gaskets, head o-rings, piston pins, circlips and bearings
- 2 spare grips
- Throttle tube
- Throttle housing (both sides)
- Brake and clutch lever
- Clutch cover gasket
- Set of clutch plates – fiber and steel
- Clutch holding tool
- Stator puller
- Magneto Rotor Holding Tool
- Reed valve gaskets
- Spare can of color matched paint (OEM Yamaha Blue)
- Other Misc items…shown in photos
Terms and Conditions:
- Item is sold as-is, no returns, but Seller assures item to be as described.
- I am an honest Seller and only want serious, honest Buyers.
- I am happy to answer all questions about the bike, just email me.
- Local Pickup Only. I will not ship the bike, but you are welcome to arrange shipping. There are several companies that specialize in motorcycle shipment that provide door to door service.
- $1000.00 non-refundable deposit is required at auctions end within 48 hours. Remainder due at or before the time the bike is released to you or a shipping company. (Funds must have already cleared the bank!)
- I (the seller) assume no responsibility for the item once it is in transit.
Please view my Feedback and bid with confidence. Good luck bidding !
This machine looks like it’s been nicely restored and comes with a list of extra parts, which is always nice, especially on bikes that aren’t common here. Unfortunately, the seller had a low-speed drop on a track day so there is some damage on the right side. Appears to be mostly, if not all, cosmetic. But you’ll want to make sure. The seller says it does need tires and there is no title.
The seller is asking a pretty penny for this bike, so you’ll have to decide if it’s worth it for you. That being said, it would be a blast for a track bike, or just to display as a nice piece of living room art. Totally up to you, but if you’re interested, check this auction!