Warning!This post is in our archives. Links in this post have been updated to point to similar bikes available to bid on eBay.
As tough as it was to make the water-cooled engine look beautiful, the four valve testastretta ( and 130 hp ) was worth it. Here’s a powerful creampuff with under 1,000 miles and a veritable mountain of farkles.
The S4RS was a certain pinnacle of Monster engineering, with the superbike’s 50mm throttle bodies tucked under the fuel tank. It’s geared more for the stoplight to stoplight contests than the GP course, and excels in traffic. Öutstanding Öhlins dampers are front and rear, as are wide 17-inch rims. Ergonomics accommodate the long engine and might require a lean over the tank, and the smooth dry clutch will tone up your left grip.
Out of dry Palm Springs, this S4RS looks better than new, with carbon a major element. Depending on who did the installation, the upgrades might’ve challenged the purchase price. Comments and a list from the eBay auction:
Purchased new in 2007 and been garage kept ever since. Only 939 Miles from new. 3 keys. Clean title in hand. Detailed serviced history and all manuals included. Perfect condition. Never been dropped and only adult ridden, in the dry. Has over $15k in extras added on to this motorcycle, no expense has been spare on this bike. All work has been done by either a Ducati dealership or a Ducati Certificated Master Technician. Sorry no test rides.Items Include:
- Termignoni full race exhaust system with ECU
- Ducati Performance slipper clutch w/ red pressure plate and black springs
- Ducati Performance Garmin Zumo 590 GPS
- BST Carbon Rims with Pirelli Diablo Rossa Corsa tires
- Custom rear sets from Pro Twins (Ducati dealership in the UK)
- Black powder-coated passenger foot-pegs w/ carbon fiber heel guards
- CNC Racing rear sprocket cover and flange bolts in black
- Ducati Performance carbon fiber chain guard (front & rear pieces)
- Ducati Performance carbon fiber tail unit
- Ducati Performance rear view mirror set with built-in turn signals
- Hyperpro 140 mm steering damper (frame-mounted)
- Rizoma NEXT fluid reservoirs w/ clear tubing
- Brembo radial brake master cylinder + lever
- Brembo radial clutch master cylinder + lever
- Ducati Performance front & rear turn signals
- Ducati Performance carbon fiber front mudguard
- Rizoma open clutch cover
- DID 525 final drive chain
- CNC Racing clutch slave cylinder
- Ducati Performance carbon fiber rear hugger
- Ducati Performance carbon fiber radiator covers
- Ducati Performance aluminum gas cap in black
- Ducati Performance carbon fiber front sprocket cover
- Evotech bar-end weights
- Zero Gravity black fly screen.
- Renthal 42-tooth rear sprocket
- K&N air filter
- Shift Tech carbon fiber plate surround
- HID main headlamp bulb
- Renthal 14-tooth front sprocket
- Pro Grips
- Custom Paint Protection Film on all fairings and tank
- Front and rear paddock stands
- Custom indoor cover
Though jamming the 916 engine into the 2001 Monster S4 wasn’t a wild leap, down the road it led to some seriously super naked bikes – right down to this year’s 1200S, with three electronics packages to tame the 147 hp twin. But the round headlight S4RS has a different feel, with the main computer just north of the helmet chin strap, and the desmoquattro engine quite similar to the World Superbike Ducati from that year.