Warning!This post is in our archives. Links in this post have been updated to point to similar bikes available to bid on eBay.
This is an extremely rare machine. I know we have been listing a few Ducati’s of late but this is an RS. WHat is that you may ask, well this is the World Superbike version of the 999R that was available to privateer teams from the Corse department. While a 999R is rare this is even rarer and was designed only for racing. These bikes were built by the Corse racing department rather than the main factory and as such the bike contains a large number of bits and pieces built from serious metals like Magnesium.
As the seller lays out there are many special pieces:
This superbike is in great cosmetic and running condition. There’s only minor signs of wear and tear from racing such as light scratches and nicks on the body; however, it has never been crashed or layed down. Adult raced only, always garaged kept, and meticulously and professionally maintained. It’s loaded with top of the line parts as listed below making the bike unique, fast and lightweight. I have clear title in hand and for a quick sale. Although I have provided many pictures of the bike below, you are welcome to come inspect it ONLYbefore the end of auction, you can also send a third party to do the inspection for you.
You can pick it up or have it shipped at your expense. However, all shipping arrangements and expenses are the reponsibility of the buyer.
Regarding payment, I will only accept bank wire transfer or cashier’s check. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. Thank you and happy bidding.
- Max Power 168HP / 82.9 Torque
- Ducati Corse 999RS Frame
- Ducati Corse 999RS Rear Sub Frame
- Ducati Corse 999RS Rear Swing Arm
- Ducati Corse 999RS Radiators (Oil & Water)
- Ducati Corse 999RS Transmission
- Ducati Corse 999RS Magneti Marelli Fully Programable ECU
- Ducati Corse 999RS Bottom Yoke
- Ducati Corse 999RS Rear Wheek Shaft
- Ducati Corse Termignoni Titanium 63.5 mm. Full Exhaust System
- Ducati Corse Steering Head / Base / Pin & Stop Plate
- Ducati Corse Carbon Fiber Complete BodyWork
- Ducati Corse Carbon Seat Mold
- Ducati Corse 999RS Rear Hugger
- Ducati Corse Carbon Fiber Tank with Magnesium Cap
- Ducati Corse Silicone Hoses
- 16.5″ Marchesini Forged Magnesium Wheels
- Evoluzione Slipper Clutch
- Ohlins FGR 800 Superbike Front Fork
- Falcon Digitek Race Dash MT940/BI
- NCR Titanium Rear Sets
- Titanium Dzus Fasteners
- Monoblock Brembo Front and Rear Calipers with Floating Rotors / Front: 320 mm.
- Magnesium Engine Cover
- Carbon Clutch and Belt Cover
- Brembo Brace / Clutch Racing Pumps (Folding)
- Titanium Height Adjuster
- Titanium Pinch Bolts
- KLS Quick Shifter
- Euro Racing Quick Throtle
- Light Tech Remote Brake Adjuster
- Carbon Fiber Air box with Air Ducts
- Yoyodyne Slave Cylinder
- Stainless Braided Lines
This gallery gives you an idea of how many nice fitting are on this bike. You can see this is an RS frame by the removable sections over the engine, a real thing of beauty:
Now putting a price on something like this is really tough. The bike does not have the sophisticated engine management that the world superbikes do but even so this is something really special. At $15000 it has not yet met the reserve so keep an eye. Go and have a look at the listing here and see if you can’t find a reason to want this!