Wow, and I mean “WOW”. Talk about a clean example of one of my favorite little bikes, here it is! I had an exact copy of this bike back in 1998 and absolutely loved it. I don’t want to sound like a salesmen but this thing looks dead nuts new and with the price at $5200 it’s a steal. Only a handful of gray market 400’s in this country exist and once you weed out all the “not so nice” ones you narrow your search dramatically for impeccable ones like this. These bikes are super dependable and use the same type motor as our US imported CB-1 (NC27) but have hotter cams and more compression. Located in So. Cal the owner makes a nice article on Craig’s List, I’m proud to post such a great well cared for example. Click here for the jump.
The ad reads:
Hi! I’m selling my GREAT RUNNING, SUPER CLEAN 1994 Honda CBR400RR (aka NC29).
This is a “grey-market” bike imported into the US in 2000. They are very rare in the US and even more so in this condition. Compared to the US versions CBR F2/F3 of the same vintage these bikes were light-years ahead. Features include an aluminum frame and gull swing arm, 14,500 redline (makes you feel like a MotoGP star) folding passenger foot pegs and some actual storage under the seat.
She has 7700 Original Miles, has always been garaged, never raced, adult owned and is in excellent condition! She starts, runs and rides great! Everything works – idles smooth and runs strong. This bike is best suited for carving tight canyon roads and always draws a crowd. I’m constantly asked if it is a current model and love watching people’s jaw drop when I tell them its 15+ years old! I know I’m going to regret selling it but I am looking for something I can do some touring on…
I have the CLEAR California title in hand. Registration is CURRENT and is good until May 2010 – it will cost about $70 to renew the registration in CA – don’t know about other states. These bike are very hard to get registered in the US!!!
Upgrades: (All New parts were installed over the winter and have about 500 miles on them)
• NEW Bridgestone Battlax BT014 Tires
• NEW OEM Rectifier
• NEW AFAM Sprockets & 520 Regina Chain
• NEW Front Brake Pads & SS Brake Lines, Rebuilt MC / Front Calipers
• NEW Battery
• NEW Fluids – Oil & Filter, Radiator Coolant and Brake fluid all flushed over the winter
• Nassert Basic Exhaust
• Coerce Rearsets
• Haynes Manual and Some stock parts / spares will be included
• Carbs were recently removed and cleaned. She is ready for the summer!
• Tank is rust free!
• Typical Honda pitting on the Fork Lowers. I had planned on removing them and have them refinished but never got around to it…
• Very minor Dent on the right side of the tank. I got a quote from Dent Masters to remove for $100.00 but never got a chance to do. The tank would have to be removed and cleaned with a degreaser before they would work on it. It’s very minor and hardly noticeable (see pics)
• Minor nicks and scratches typical of a 3 or 4 year old bike (certainly not typical on a 15 year old example) The worst is a rub mark on the right side near the passenger seat and some scratches on the front fairing – left side (see pics) I want to disclose as much as possible so there are no surprises but I promise you will not be disappointed!
Warranty: This is a used motorcycle and is sold “as-is” with no warranty expressed written or implied from the seller. The seller will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle prior to the close of sell. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs required. Buyers are encouraged to come inspect the vehicle in person but no test rides unless you have cash and a motorcycle licence.
So, if you’ve read this far and still haven’t bought this bike, you’re crazy! Anyone got $5200 for a perfectly good kidney??