Mambatized: 2005 MV Agusta F4 1000 Mamba
I know these are serious bikes but I catch myself laughing every time I see the word “Mamba”. I always flash back to the episodes of Wild Boyz where they would put a black sock on their hand and smack someone who was in deep sleep. It was a Black Mamba attack. Sophmoric humor but what can I say, I always laughed.
The other thing I think of when I see these special MV’s is how the prices have plummeted. I really can’t think of a single special model MV that has held some value. It is a buyers market when a bike is priced at $13,000 (or best offer) and the kit alone ran $10,000 back in 05.
Only 2,400 miles on her my friends.
We’ve listed the info on the Mamba’s before but for the searching impaired here is the list of what was included in the full Mamba kit:
- Carbon Fiber front mudguard, Red/Clear painted
- Titanium treated Red-tint windscreen
- Carbon Fiber front fairing, Black/Clear painted
- Black painted plastic right and left mirrors
- Carbon Fiber right air duct
- Carbon Fiber left air duct
- Carbon Fiber right wire harness cover
- Carbon Fiber left wire harness cover
- Carbon Fiber ignition switch cover
- Black painted plastic airbox
- Carbon Fiber right side airbox panel
- Carbon Fiber left side airbox panel
- Black painted metal fuel tank
- Red painted plastic right side fuel tank panel
- Red painted plastic left side fuel tank panel
- Carbon Fiber right side fairing panel, Black/Red/Clear painted
- Carbon Fiber left side fairing panel, Black/Red/Clear painted
- Carbon Fiber lower fairing, Clear-coated
- Black “Alcantara” seat
- Black “Alcantara” back pad
- Carbon Fiber single seat tail fairing, Red/Clear painted
- Carbon Fiber plate support
- Carbon Fiber upper chain guard
- Carbon Fiber lower chain guard
- Carbon Fiber exhaust guard
- Carbon Fiber right footrest guard
- Carbon Fiber left footrest guard
- Silver Marchesini ten-spoke forged aluminum front wheel rim
- Silver Marchesini ten-spoke forged aluminum rear wheel rim
- Engraved plaque with the number of the bike and matching “Limited Edition” certificate
Obviously the Mamba kit is a visual kit and not a performance type kit but only 300 were produced so you do get exclusivity. For the offering price why not get a unique MV?
Slap a sexy exhaust system on there and you have a damn nice bike.