In the world of RSBFS, we see all kinds of bike for sale, from homologated superbikes to grey market imports. What we don’t see too often is one-off custom bikes, especially ones that might be considered a Franken-bike. Normally I would shy away from a bike fitting that description, but this bike is different. Clearly the builder of this one had a vision and took the time to build that vision into something above and beyond.
Do you want RZ500 two-stroke awesomeness with modern R6 technology? Then look no further! Clearly the owner has spent some time on this build and it shows. I really can’t elaborate more on the build, so I will let the seller’s description do the talking:
Up for auction is my custom built legal 2 stroke sportbike. It is a marriage of the old school RZ500 and the high tech R6R Hybrid designed to provide modern handling and braking with the explosive power of the RZ500 engine.
I spent more than a year designing and constructing this motorcycle.
I am an automotive engineer and have been building (and rebuilding) street 2 strokes for more than 15 years. All work and modifications to this motorcycle have been performed by me. I built this so overall design and quality appear to be a factory OEM production bike. I have only ridden the bike enough to debug and fine tune jetting and ignition maps, approximately 50 – 100 miles.
It has spent the last several years living in my family room as a conversation piece. It is currently registered and includes PA T**le.
This is truly a one of a kind motorcycle that will attract attention and conversation wherever it goes. Below is a comprehensive list of features and modifications.
I have included many photos and a video showing all aspects of the motorcycle, please review them all, I’m sure you will not be disappointed.
- Fully rebuilt with new (OEM Yamaha) seals, gaskets, and bearings
- .5mm Over Bore
- New Wiseco Pistons, rings, pins
- New Carbon Tech reeds
- New Mikuni TM28 Flat Slide carbs
- New K&N Air Filters
- New ZeelTronics Programable CDI and Power Valve Controller
- StockPorts and heads
- New Jim Lomas GP Style Expansion Chambers and Polished Silencers
- Set up with functional Auto Lube
- Modified 1984 RZ500 Frame
- Custom built rear sub-frame
- 2009 R6R upper fairing bracket
- 2009 R6R Radiator
- Oil tank under seat cowl and battery under upper fairing
- PA TITLE!!
- 2009 R6R Aluminum Swingarm
- 2009 R6R Upside Down Front End
- RZ500 Rear Shock
- 2009 R6R Front and Rear Wheels
- 2009 R6R Radial Front and Rear Brakes
- New gold X-oring chain and sprockets
- Stock RZ500 fuel tank modified with flush filler cap
- 2009 R6R front and upper fairing
- 209 R6R Tail section and seat
- Koso digital instrument panel
- Yamaha 50th Anniversary Graphics
- Show quality PPG base and clearcoat paint – OEM 50th Anniversary “Reddish-Yellow Cocktail”
I am a pretty much perfectionist and would say this bike is perfect in every way. I have it jetted and ignition/PV maps for my riding style, but you may want to alter these based on individual preferences. There are a couple bubbles in the paint around the fuel fill, they are small and I tried to show them in the photos. I noticed the battery seemed a little weak today, but it just maybe that it hasn’t been ridden in many months.
Here’s a video of the bike as well
Bidding is already active and up to $7,500 and the reserve is gone. The bike is registered and comes with a PA title, which is always a plus for two-strokes. It’s hard to say where the price will or should go since I have nothing to compare the bike to. However, I can guess that this thing is a blast to ride and you won’t see anything else like it on the road. You can check out the full auction here and place your bid today.