Here's another beautiful, exceptionally low mileage, limited edition, Italian motorcycle, available for a fraction of the original MSRP. This bike is shown by the original owner, has books and receipts, and well documents the minor flaws that have been incurred from storage over the years. If you're looking for a conversation worthy display piece for your home, check it out!
from the seller:
Up for auction is a beautiful 2002 Ducati MH900e motorcycle. It is number 1450/2000. I took delivery of this bike brand new from Jack Trebour Motorcycles on January 5, 2002 after a two year wait. This motorcycle is in mint condition. It has only 566 miles on it. This vehicle has always been garaged and is in original stock condition. It has never been raced, misused, or abused in any way. This motorcycle has always been properly stored (i.e. no stale fuel) and started on a regular basis. The oil has been changed on a regular basis. I put new batteries (Yuasa YTX7L-BS) in it in late September, 2012. Battery tender leads have also been installed to make charging the batteries much easier. The oil (Mobil 1 4T), filter (OEM Ducati), and spark plugs (OEM Ducati Champion RA6HC) were recently changed. I am the only person (40 something) who has ridden this motorcycle since taking delivery. In the name of full disclosure, there are a few minor issues worth noting. Each is shown in the photos and highlighted in yellow.
1. There is a small scuff on the rear seat pad.
2. There is a fine and shallow scratch (approx. 1/2") on the rear cowl.
3. The paint on the inside of the fairing where the left mirror is attached is chipped. This was present when I took delivery.
4. There are some minor blemishes on the left side of the triple tree. They were present when I took delivery.
5. There is a fine and shallow scratch on the right exhaust.
6. There is some cracking in the clear coat on the rear wheel. It is located on the hub area and each of the five spokes on the right side of the wheel. In addition, there is some cracking in the clear coat on the left side of the rear wheel. One is a 3" patch and the other is a 10" patch on the short side of the rim that mates to the tire. The cracking is extremely fine and shallow. All areas are smooth to the touch and there is no flaking. I am not sure if this was present when I took delivery. It is rather difficult to notice.
7. There are some scratches in the paint on the center stand. Most of them are on the bottom.
All of the original paperwork will be included in the sale. In addition, a Ducati MH900e shop manual, Ducati Performance MH900e Accessories and Kit Catalogue, Ducati Desmo Owners Club booklet filled out in my name, and some magazines from the period will be included. Finally, the plaque, t-shirt (used) w/box, original spark plugs, oil filter, Fiamm batteries (no longer working) will also be included.