It's been rumored that the Challenge bikes were a bit easier to title than the gray market imports. Here's one in Cali for $8k on Craigslist:
quote from seller's listing:
999/2000 Aprilia RS250 California Reg. Street legal two Stroke
Its true a street legal version of the RS250! VERY CLEAN BIKE only 4300 miles. Come and get one of the best handling street bikes on the road and scream down the streets turning everybody’s head like a top.
WILL CONSIDER REASONABLE OFFERS. CASH TALKS
1999 and up "Challenge" models, which means they share the common 1998+ specification, which includes the following (which would differ from pre 1998 bikes):
• Showa 41mm usd forks with compression and rebound damping adjustment as well as spring preload adjustment.
• Suzuki RGV250 Gamma engine
• Suspension designed for the longer shock
• easily accessed oil injection tank and coolant overflow tank
• 3.5" x 17 front wheel, can fit 120/60 ~ 120/70 section tire
• 4.5" x 17" rear wheel, can fit 150~165 rear tire
• 60~65 hp
• Approximate 300 pound weight
We've listed lots of Aprilia's on this blog and this one seem a touch on the high side. But it does only have 4300 miles and it boasts a street registration. Could be good for the right buyer.